Daily Archives: July 7, 2020

U.P. study: Cebu may have 30 thousand cases by July 31

U.P. study: Cebu may have 30 thousand cases by July 31 (The Freeman) – July 7, 2020 – 12:00am CEBU, Philippines —  If quarantine measures are relaxed, the number of coronavirus cases in Cebu will surge to 20,000 to 30,000 by end-July, projections of the University of Philippines Research team showed. UP Research said Cebu City had about 3,400 …

Read More »

DSWD starts payout for waitlisted SAP beneficiaries in Cebu

DSWD starts payout for waitlisted SAP beneficiaries in Cebu Mitchelle L. Palaubsanon (The Freeman) – July 7, 2020 – 12:00am CEBU, Philippines —  The Department of Social Welfare and Development-7 has started last week the payout for waitlisted beneficiaries of the Social Amelioration Program in four municipalities in the Province of Cebu. DSWD-7 regional director Rebecca P. Geamala said …

Read More »

Over SAP irregularities: Cases filed vs baragay officials

CEBU, Philippines —  The Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG)-7 has filed two criminal cases and 12 administrative cases against barangay officials in Central Visayas in line with irregularities in the distribution of aid from the Social Amelioration Program (SAP). This was disclosed by DILG-7 Director Leocadio Trovela during a live interview with the Office of the Presidential Assistant …

Read More »

OFWs assured seamless return to hometowns

OFWs assured seamless return to hometowns Lorraine L. Ecarma (The Freeman) – June 7, 2020 – 12:00am CEBU, Philippines —  In the Province of Cebu, returning overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) will be assured a speedy homecoming. Sugbo News, the official news outlet of the Capitol Public Information Office, released a news report yesterday saying that Governor Gwendolyn Garcia has …

Read More »

Day 1 of strategic mass testing: Low turnout in Cebu City

CEBU, Philippines —  Turnout was low on the first day of targeted mass testing for COVID-19, at least in Cebu City, yesterday, May 6, 2020. Only 195 residents from three barangays agreed to submit themselves to the test – 83 in Basak San Nicolas, 63 in Inayawan, and 49 in Basak Pardo – a far cry from the city’s 2,000 …

Read More »

Retest eludes some Luz patients

Retest eludes some Luz patients Caecent No-ot Magsumbol (The Freeman) – May 7, 2020 – 12:00am CEBU, Philippines —  Asymptomatic patients housed at the barangay isolation center in Barangay Luz, Cebu City are hoping they can be retested as soon as possible so they would know their next actions now that they have completed the mandatory 14-day quarantine. Roy …

Read More »

Bohol cops to help in contact tracing

Bohol cops to help in contact tracing Iris Hazel Mascardo (The Freeman) – February 7, 2020 – 12:00am CEBU, Philippines — The Bohol Provincial Police Office (BPPO) will help in the contact tracing of the third confirmed case of the Novel Coronavirus in the country who reportedly visited the province. Police Colonel Jonathan Cabal, BPPO Director, in their meeting …

Read More »

Medellin opposes plan to make it a holding area

Medellin opposes plan to make it a holding area Gregg M. Rubio (The Freeman) – February 7, 2020 – 12:00am CEBU, Philippines — The Municipality of Medellin has opposed the proposal to make the Regional Evacuation Center (REC) in Barangay Poblacion as the holding area for persons under investigation (PUI) of the 2019-Novel Corona Virus-Acute Respiratory Disease. Mayor Joven …

Read More »
© CebuCentral.Com