Breaking News

Cebu City logs 96 new cases


Cebu City logs 96 new cases

CEBU, Philippines — Cebu City recorded 96 new coronavirus cases yesterday, May 26, with the biggest bulk coming from Barangay Pardo, which recorded at least 21 cases.

The other new cases were from Barangay Tinago, 16; Barangay Pasil, 12; Barangay Basak Pardo, 9; Barangay Duljo, 8; Barangay Punta Princesa, 4; Barangay Labangon, 3; and Barangay Sambag II, 3.

Barangay Basak San Nicolas, Barangay Bulacao, and Barangay Mambaling have two cases each.

Barangays Lahug, Sawang, Tejero, Kamputhaw, Guadalupe, Mabolo, Calamba, Suba, Ermita, Tisa, BJMP, Lorega, Day-as, and Inayawan added one case each.

 

As of yesterday, the total number of positive cases in Cebu City has already reached 1,992.

The City Health Department (CHD) also announced 56 recoveries yesterday. This brings to 230 the total number of recovered patients in the city.

The lab-negative patients were from Barangay Labangon, 34; Alaska, 20; and Barangay Punta, 2.

There were 63 asymptomatic patients from Barangay Labangon who were released from the barangay isolation center (BIC) yesterday.

Also, 95 Labangon patients at the BIC submitted themselves for reswabbing. Of that number, 63 results came out yesterday, while the others are still pending due to the backlog in processing of the other swab samples.

3 cases in province

Governor Gwendolyn Garcia announced three new positive cases of COVID-19 in Cebu province yesterday. There were three cases in Lapu-Lapu City and two in Mandaue City.

The three cases in the province are one 59-year-old male resident from Malabuyoc who underwent dialysis treatment, one 39-year-old male inmate from San Fernando, and one 46-year-old male resident of Talisay City.

Garcia said the patient from Malabuyoc had been living in Cebu City since April 23. He died last May 23.

This brings the province’s total to 32 cases 126 cases.

Garcia also said that in order to quell confusion and unnecessary fear, she and DOH-7 Director Dr. Jaime Bernadas have agreed that in data monitoring and presentation, a separate column will be made for incidental deaths related to COVID-19. These are deaths of COVID-19 patients who have underlying conditions.

Garcia further said that while the province took “draconian measures” during the earlier part of the COVID-19 pandemic, with data gathered at present, it is time to reevaluate the sweeping measures that have been taken.

“Sukad atong Pebrero, naa nay makita nato na pattern– naa ta’y makita na klarong results. Angay ni natong tun-an. Angay ni natong i-analyze,” she said.

“Is it still worth it? Is it still worth sacrificing the economy? Is it worth sacrificing the people’s livelihood,” she added.   JMD (FREEMAN)

Related video:


Source:

https://www.philstar.com/cebu-news/2020/05/27/2016824/cebu-city-logs-96-new-cases

Check Also

Libudsuroy, stranded individuals giakumodar ni Niñal

Libudsuroy, stranded individuals giakumodar ni Niñal (The Freeman) – July 6, 2020 – 12:00am …

Leave a Reply

© CebuCentral.Com