Breaking News

DILG: Second wave of SAP coming


DILG: Second wave of SAP coming

CEBU, Philippines — Interior Secretary Eduardo Año has assured that the around five million families nationwide left out by Social Amelioration Program (SAP) distribution will still be eligible to receive the aid so long as qualified under the guidelines.

The Department of the Interior and Local Government has directed all local government units to identify households left out in the first SAP distribution.

Año said “left out or waitlisted households” are low-income families that are not recipients of any conditional cash transfer program and not included in the initial 18 million households who benefitted the first tranche of SAP assistance.

The LGUs were given until yesterday to submit the names of family-beneficiaries to the DILG and the Department of Social Welfare and Development.

Año said that based on the report of the DSWD, around five million left-out households (aside from the initial 18 million families targeted) are low-income households qualified for the SAP aid.

He said the initial list shall be prepared by the barangays, regardless of the length of stay in the locality and voter’s registration of the members of the household, and must be posted in conspicuous places in the community and on social media platforms for public viewing and access.

Año also said that those with complaints about the initial list of the barangay may appeal their case with the Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office or with the mayor himself. If no action is taken, the complainant may raise his concern with the DSWD.

The list “shall, in no way, be construed as the final list of beneficiaries” and shall be subject to further DSWD validation.

The DILG said that 23 barangay officials involved in graft and corrupt practices in the distribution of SAP assistance are now facing criminal charges. Twelve criminal cases are filed against these barangay leaders with four more to be filed in the coming days.

Police vow support

Police Regional Office-7 Director Albert Ignatius Ferro said they are willing to assist in the second wave of SAP distribution as DSWD requested.

“As per earlier arrangement or several meetings with the task force, the police will be just on the security team. Ang manghatag, it’s either the barangay officials or the DSWD assisted by the barangay officials or the city and municipality officials,” Ferro said.

“If they feel nga kung kami ang mohatag, okay man sa amoa, but it will be much easier if the agency concerned will personally give,” he added.

As regards alleged anomalies, Ferro previously mentioned that the PNP will help in the investigation should there be any report. The Criminal Investigation and Detection Group-7 and the local police will look into such complaints.

CIDG-7 elements nabbed 18 SAP beneficiaries recently after being caught in illegal gambling and cockfights in Metro Cebu and Negros Oriental.

First wave updates

Meanwhile, DWSD-7 data showed that as of 12 noon of May 21, some 1,006,176 families have received the emergency subsidy of P6,000 in Central Visayas, representing about 95 percent of the target.

The region has a total of 1,058,075 low-income household-beneficiaries with a total allocation of P6,348,450,000.

In Cebu, a total of 564,960 or about 94 percent of the 598,218 families have received their aid, although the cities of Toledo, Mandaue, and Cebu have yet to complete their distribution.

Data also showed that of 132 LGUs in Central Visayas, 129 are done with the payouts and 62 have liquidated the SAP funds.

Aid returned

In a related development, some Cebu City residents have returned their SAP aid as they were already 4Ps beneficiaries, said Dr. Jeffrey Ibones, head of the city’s Department of Social Welfare Services (DSWS).

Ibones said some residents of Barangays Cogon Pardo, Bulacao, and Inayawan returned the subsidy to the City Treasurer’s Office.

“Naay uban nga wa modawat. Naay uban pagkahibawo nila nga 4Ps sila, sila na mismo niduol nga di na sila modawat… Naay sa Cogon Pardo, mga lima kabuok. Akong nahibaw-an,” said Ibones.

He, however, said that he cannot provide the amount of the money returned as the CTO has the data.

Ibones warned disqualified beneficiaries to return the aid as soon as possible or face charges.

“Mao na awhagon nato sila nga mintras pa may panahon, ipanguli nalang gyud na nila. Ayaw huwata nga ang CIDG or ang police ang muanha sailaha para pagbawi sa kwarta unya makasohan pa gyud,” he said.

Ibones said there were Unconditional Cash Transfer Program (UCT) and Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) members who received the cash assistance even if not qualified.  JMD (FREEMAN)


Source:

https://www.philstar.com/cebu-news/2020/05/22/2015671/dilg-second-wave-sap-coming

Check Also

Labella urged: Release financial aid to PWDs

Labella urged: Release financial aid to PWDs Mary Ruth R. Malinao (The Freeman) – …

Leave a Reply

© CebuCentral.Com