Gigante, BF post bail, to undergo quarantine
CEBU, Philippines — Cebuana beauty queen Maria Gigante and her Spanish boyfriend had posted bail after they were nabbed for violating protocols while the whole Cebu province was in Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ).
While they had already posted bail, they, however, could not go totally scot-free just yet.
They will have to undergo quarantine in Argao, Cebu, said Police Colonel Roderick Mariano, Cebu Police Provincial Office (CPPO) Director.
“Kahapon ng hapon ay nakapagpyansa sila doon sa tatlong kaso na ifi-nile natin sa kanila – yung article 151,doon sa section 9 ng 11332,at doon sa falsification of public document,” Mariano told reporters in a press briefing yesterday.
Gigante and her Spanish boyfriend, Javier Castro, will be fulfilling their 14-day-mandatory quarantine in Argao, Cebu.
“Nandoon sila ngayon sa custody ng mayor ng Argao, doon sila magma-mandatory quarantine nila ng 14 days,” Mariano said.
The 14-day mandatory quarantine in Argao was according to the arrangement of the two local executives since Gigante’s family is from that locality, according to Mariano.
“Mino-monitor naman sila. Kung hindi ay magbabayad sila, mas lalo silang magkakaroon ng kaso,” he added.
Mariano further stated this incident will serve as a lesson to the public, as he appealed for cooperation during the implementation of the ECQ.
He asked for understanding and patience until the provincial government will announce the lifting of the ECQ to General Community Quarantine.
Gigante and Castro were arrested by the authorities after they were caught swimming in a beach and in possession of alcoholic drinks at Panagsama Beach in Barangay Basdiot, Moalboal, Cebu last Sunday afternoon.
To be able to pass through several checkpoints, they reportedly showed a certification from a partylist group saying they were there to survey the area of Alegria for relief distribution.
However, the Patrol Partylist has since denied their connection to the suspects. GAN (FREEMAN)