More cops to be deployed in COVID-infected sitios
CEBU, Philippines — The Police Regional Office (PRO)-7 is prepared to sustain its duty in the extended Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ), as some police personnel will be directed to other areas that have higher number of positive cases of COVID-19.
“We need to sustain, we need to work hard, so the effort earlier on would not be a loss on us,” PRO-7 Director Albert Ignatius Ferro said.
He added that the cops will remain resilient in their duties as the ECQ will be extended to May 15, emphasizing that they will be on the top of the situation until then.
“When we enter the service, alamnamannamotananna it’s not a temporary allegiance or pledge of work, it’s untilthe end and last of our service,” Ferro said, referring to the cops who possibly felt exhausted in their duties and assured that they will continue to perform as expected of them.
Aside from Cebu, there is a possibility that the remaining provinces ofCentral Visayas namely Siquijor, Negros and Bohol will have a modified ECQ implementation and would probably be a ‘less intensive quarantine procedure.’
On their police deployment, Ferro said they will be redirecting some of their personnel tothe sitios that have higher number of COVID cases for the strict monitoring of their lockdown.
Meanwhile, on the police personnel who manifested Influenza like Illness (ILI) and were under monitoring, Ferro said they are still waiting for the result oftheir swab tests.
Ferro, however, added that these cops who have undergone swab testing are now fine.
“Pagnaataymakitasailanga cough and cold, we immediately brought them to our isolation area,” he said.
Ferro added that all police frontliners who manifested ILI were immediately being looked into. He also explained that there is a possibility that these cops manifested also this illness due to the weather. — GAN (FREEMAN)