GOV. Hilario Davide III yesterday confirmed that he designated Rodel Bontuyan to replace Baltazar Tribunalo as officer-in-charge (OIC) of the Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Office (Penro).
Bontuyan is Penro’s supervising environmental management specialist and was designated as assistant Penro officer.
“You shall report to Atty. Mark Tolentino, provincial administrator, Province of Cebu, for your new assignments,” read Davide memorandum to Bontuyan.
As Penro OIC, Davide said Bontuyan will be entitled to all the privileges as Penro OIC subject to the usual rules and regulation of the Commission on Audit (COA).
The new designation order was issued last Nov. 8 but Bontuyan formally assumed his post yesterday.
Tribunalo was accused by some people of receiving bribes and of sexual harassment.
The governor said that the people behind these allegations want to destroy his administration.
In a press conference, Davide said that Tribunalo’s relief is not related to these issues.
“His (Tribunalo) designation as Penro officer has expired already in the light of Civil Service Commission regulation. This was brought to my attention by Bobby Nacorda that the designation of an OIC is only one year and Tribunalo’s designation is more than one year,” Davide said.
Penro’s scope covers the Environmental Management Section, Coastal Resource Management Section, Solid Waste Management Section.
“I asked him (Tribunalo) to still assist Penro,” Davide said.
With his relief, Tribunalo said that he can now concentrate on his job as chief of the Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office.
Meanwhile. Jayson Maceren, chief of the property section of the General Services Office (GSO), said that they are waiting for the acknowledgment of donations to Penro.
Tribunalo was accused of receiving personal donations that were delivered to Penro.
However, he said these were intended for the office and had been properly acknowledged.
Maceren said the deadline to submit acknowledgement receipts to GSO is on Dec. 31.